Welcome to today’s Tuesday Tutorial. As you know this month we are sharing some holiday inspiration so you can get an early start on those cards, gifts and decorations. Today I am showing you how to turn a one dollar paper mache ornament from the craft store into a beautiful piece for your tree or as a gift.
Catelynne Paper Stack
Joy and Peace Stamp Set
Beauty of A Woman Stamp
Angelee & Natalee Ribbon
Cognac Palette Ink
Beaux Arts Blue Palette Ink
1/4th inch corded ribbon
1. Gather supplies. Rip little pieces of paper
2. Randomly place torn paper on top of ornament and glue down.
Repeat on back side.
3. Gesso over entire surface allowing some of the paper to peek through.
4. Add various colors of acrylic paint over the gesso. Be careful not to cover up all the paper or gesso. Remember to do this on the other side of the ornament.
5. Take the snowflake stamp and stamp in blue over the paint.
6. Add more gesso and paint to blend everything together. Spray with golden glimmer spray to add some sparkle. I used a script stamp with cognac ink to randomly stamp in the background.
7. Glue ribbon or cording around the edges of the ornament.
8. Stamp one of the verses from the Joy and Peace Stamp set. Tear a border around the edges. Swipe cognac ink over the torn edges to create a distressed look. Stamp the script stamp over the background randomly in cognac ink. I used a feather to embellish before gluing down the verse.
9. Bundle a few feathers together and tie with ribbon.
10. Glue down the bundled feathers as well as any other embellishments you want to add.
This completes the first side.
11. I made a rosette from the paper.
12. I stamped the dove from the Joy and Peace stamp set in black ink and fussy cut the image. Layer the stamped image on top the rosette and the ornament is complete!
Beautiful ornament, Kate! What a great idea!!ReplyDelete
Cool idea! I never find time to do ornaments it seems. Maybe some day I can give it a go. Always wanted to do it.ReplyDelete
Beautifully done...Kate makes it look so easy!ReplyDelete
Love the shabby, vintagey look of your ornament, Kate. Nice tutorial!ReplyDelete
Very elegant and beautiful, Kate! Great ornament.ReplyDelete
Beautiful and what lovely texture! ;DReplyDelete
layers and layers of goodness in that background! Love it!ReplyDelete
this is gorgous. love itReplyDelete