Hello, friends! It's Mynn here again with another card using some FABULOUS stamps from the Red Rubber Designs store! Today I'm going to share a quick and easy Halloween card with a fun technique to get your creative juices flowing. First, check out the completed card...
Isn't that fun?! I used some patterned paper from the Just Like Dad stack and then the Be Scary set for my image and sentiment. Guess what? They are BOTH stamped on vellum! Yep, I stamped the image on vellum, even if it doesn't quite look like it. Here's a close up...
Isn't the texture behind the image awesome? Here's how to create this effect with this darling owl:
- Stamp your image onto a piece of vellum. Wait for it to dry, or dry with a heat tool.
- Punch or die cut your image to the desired shape.
- Turn the image to where the stamping is FACE DOWN. Color in your image ON THE BACK of the vellum. This helps to make sure your image doesn't smear!
- Wait for marker to dry, or heat briefly with heat gun.
- Using a glue runner, add glue to the back of your shaped image.
- Add the image to a piece of cardstock slightly larger than your vellum.
I think the texture from the adhesive helps add to the spookiness of the owl. If you don't like to see adhesive behind your vellum, you could attach your vellum like I did with the sentiment--staples!
There are other ways to attache vellum to cards, too. Brads, foam tabs hidden under embellishments or stamping/embossing, and so many others! What is your favorite way to add vellum to your projects? I'd love to have a conversation about it in the comments below! :)
Thank you so much for stopping by today, friends! I hope you take some time to play around with vellum today--and don't forget to go grab the Be Scary set that I used from the online store! Until next time, HUGS and SPOOKY stamping, all! :)
Mynn, what a striking card!!! Love the paper too! I need to order that stack!!!!ReplyDelete
Love that paper!ReplyDelete
Awesome card Mynn!! I love the image and papers!ReplyDelete
Adorable card Mynn great tips for adhering vellum. Staples brilliant idea!ReplyDelete
Thanks, gals! :) Mynn xxReplyDelete