Hello again, friends! Mynn here again with another card using a beautiful stamp set from the Red Rubber Designs online store! Today, I'm sharing how to create a beautiful multi-colored and shining background to jazz up your line images. Take a peek at the completed card...
I used the Rise & Shine stamp set for my image. I stamped it over the background I created using a fabulous technique I will share at the end of the post. The patterned paper is from the Rustic Chic paper pad.
To create a similar background, here is what you'll need to do:
- Take a clear block or piece of acetate and color random patches with different colored markers. Start with the lightest color, then work your way up in intensity.
- Spritz the colored surface with either glimmer mist or a water bottle. Make sure to get everything wet, or else the colors won't blend together as well.
- Lay your piece of white cardstock onto the colored and spritzed panel and gently hold it in place and rub your finger around the cardstock so the color is transferred evenly.
- Allow the paper to dry a bit, then stamp your line image onto the paper.
- Trim around your image, mat it (optional), and add it to your project.
Easy, peasy, right? I LOVE the effect that it gives to a project, and you can mix it up with a whole bunch of different colors, too!
That is all for me today, friends! I hope you take some time to try this fun technique out--and remember to grab the Rise and Shine stamp set because it is PERFECT to use over your created panels! A few other stamps that would work are the Peace Be Still set, the Ship Collage stamp, the Butterfly Postage set, and the Buggy Postage stamp set. I'm sure there are TONS more in the Red Rubber Designs online store, so check it out today! Until next time, HUGS and happy stamping, friends!