Do you have Liquid Applique sitting forgotten in a drawer or cabinet? Did you know that you can use it to make great looking leather-like backgrounds?
- Marvy Uchida Liquid Applique
- Rubber Brayer
- Matte or non glossy cardstock
- Heat tool
- Waxed paper or palette paper (I save the paper from the Creative Cling)
Squeeze out some liquid applique on your waxed paper.
Roll over the liquid applique with the brayer so that it covers all the way around the brayer.
Roll the brayer over your cardstock in all directions until covered to your liking.
Now clean your brayer immediately. You do not want the liquid to dry on your brayer.
Dry with heat tool.
Enjoy the beautiful leather-like surface that you have just created.
Your background is now ready for stamping with Archival Ink or a dye based ink.
Here is my finished card with the applique applied to brown cardstock.
Supplies from Red Rubber Designs used in this tutorial and sample.
- Marvy Uchida Liquid Applique - brown
- Kraft cardstock
- Brown cardstock
- Black cardstock
- Marvy Heat Tool
- Release paper from Creative Cling Cushion
- Vintage Background rubber stamp set
You can download this and many other tutorials for free here in the Red Rubber Designs store.