Hi! Diana here with a tutorial I hope you'll enjoy. I hope you give it a try. It's fun! You can use brights, pastels, and even patterned papers. The possibilities are endless.
1. Choose three contrasting card stock colors.
2. Cut 1/2 inch strip from each card stock color.
3. Glue the three strips to a light weight base such as printer paper.
4.Cut the excess base paper from the edges of your tri-color strip.
5. Cut a pile of 1/2 inch pieces from the tri-colored strip.
6.Lay your pieces out in the pattern shown above.
Then glue them down to a sheet of light weight base paper.
7. Using a ruler draw very precise lines down each side edge of the middle block.
8. Cut very precisely down the line you drew in step 7.
Both excess edges should be trimmed off.
(the trimmed off sections also make a nice border .)
9. Now trim your new border strip to size, matte it if you'd like...
This tutorial can be downloaded for free at the Red Rubber Designs store!